Connection Cassette Compilation 2
, cassette culture
<< You can download the entire album in mp3 format by clicking on VBR Zip
mp3s are system derived and are not properly tagged
available on Bandcamp in higher resolution 320 kbps tagged mp3s
this version of the compilation is presented here with the option of WAV files
01. Otto von Rhinau - 5' bruitisme - France
02. Dave Fuglewicz - Where It Is, Is Where It's Not - USA
03. Mister Vapor - The Ancient Caretaker - USA
04. The Uh... - Gamesville U.S.A. - USA
05. Hal McGee and Mark McGee - Beatnik Bongo Poem for Connection - USA
06. Onkunde - His Eternity - The Netherlands
07. Caelicus Pugna - The sweetest thing from Holland - The Netherlands
08. Verdant Fog - Everything is Awesome! - USA
09. Hat Goblin - Parrallel Love - USA
10. Hari Hardman - XOXOXO_7 - UK
11. Stickfigure - Obsolete Communications - USA
12. Shaun Robert - Torque - England
13. vÄäristymä - Kiista - Finland
14. Ray Carmen - I've Only Got Two Hands - USA
15. Jack Hertz - Whirlitzer for Reels (1980) - USA
16. The Implicit Order - TDK - USA
17. Brume - Cheap Soup - France
18. Robert Lawson Unit - Moon Village Revisited - Spain
19. HiyoHiyoipseniyo - krankiespanky - Spain
20. Sterile Garden - Process 2 - USA
21. Ikodora '65 - Super Disco Party - The Netherlands
22. Combat 23 - Myšlenkový Cukr - Czech Republic
23. Zis Kil & Wehwalt - Souffle, bulles et bruit de dons - France
On March 26, 2012 I made this announcement:
Connection Cassette Compilation Project - 2012
an international compilation project produced by Hal McGee
Any and all styles are welcome! Anyone and everyone anywhere and everywhere welcome to participate!
Your audio cassette track must be 5 minutes maximum, minimum 1 minute
Send one track on a 90 minute cassette (C95 maximum)
- must come inside a hard shell cassette case
- High Bias or Normal Bias - no METAL cassette
- do not use Noise Reduction (Dolby, DBX, etc.)
Your 90 minute tape will be used to dub your free contributor's copy of the compilation volume which contains your track.
mail your cassette to:
4230 SW 20th Lane
Gainesville, FL 32607
In your package
include a piece of paper that states
email address in case I need to contact you for a question or problem
--- also, please clearly print your postal address so that I can send your copy of the compilation to you!
Project deadline will be September 1, 2012
Your track should be exclusive and appear only on this project.
THIS IS A HOMEMADE PRODUCT!
I will release a 90 minute compilation volume every time I receive enough tracks to fill up a 90 minute tape!
Copies will be dubbed in real time on high quality Tascam cassette decks.
Cassette covers will be color photocopy.
Each individual person may contribute to the project twice during the course of the project, under different project names. Each contribution must be on a separate cassette. Each individual may appear only once on any compilation volume.
Questions, comments or problems - send an email to haltapes at gmail dot com
The original version of this compilation (still available) was issued on cassette. All contributors received a copy of the compilation on the same cassette on which they sent their contribution.
As much as possible, this cassette compilation project has been done in the original spirit of the 1980s cassette art scene.
The audio versions here were taken directly from the original contributor tapes and are higher sound quality than on the cassette copies that were issued, because there is not two generation loss in sound from contributor copy to cassette master to distributed copy. Be sure to download the full size album artwork and print your own cover. The cover artwork layout is a collage of bits and pieces and scraps from the contributor packages and letters.